Page updated: May 28, 2018.
Welcome to the ELAN download mirror. This mirror is served through a globally distributed content delivery network and files are cached directly from the official ELAN file repository. The software/hardware requirements for ELAN can be found here and the release notes can be found here. The official ELAN website can be found here.
Note: On Windows 8 the installer might trigger this message: “Windows protected your PC. etc.” Click “More Info” and then the “Run Anyway” button.
Note: On Mac OS the application is now compatible with the “identified developers” setting in the Security & Privacy system preferences. If it doesn’t work nevertheless, switch to “Anywhere” once.see the notes!)
Note: Without Java Runtime Environment, Java should be pre-installed.
- The sources of ELAN 5.2.0-beta are available under GNU Public License (.zip)
- The LEXAN API source code (extension mechanism for NLP/text processing)
- The Audio Recognizer API and demo package
- (Preliminary) Lexicon extension "API" demo package.
Previous versions can be found here.
- User Guide: (PDF) (Online)
- Full manual: (PDF) (Online)
- How-to Guide (PDF)
- A4 Guide (PDF)
- Overview page of the keyboard mappings of the extended IPA input method.
Sign language examples
You can subscribe to the mailing list by sending an e-mail to email@example.com with the subject "subscribe to Elan" and "subscribe Elan" in the body or unsubscribe by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "subscribe to Elan" and "unsubscribe Elan" in the body.